- Start a process which takes a port and a function.
- On a new connection, start a process to handle the connection with the function given.
- Go back to waiting.
- The new process will read in the port numbers, parse them out, then call the function given with the port information
- The function does what it needs to and returns the information
- The process responds on the socket with the correct information.
This framework shouldn't be too hard, making a correct identd function which actually gets the user from the ports might be. Basic one will just return a random identd.