Here are the job details:
Our client, who is based in Boston, is seeking an adept Erlang developer to help build a next generation metrics and monitoring system on the GNU/Linux platform. This system will watch and report on hundreds and thousands of systems, ranging from network devices to servers to software applications.
· Must have experience with the Erlang programming language
· Must have expert level network programming experience, preferably in Erlang, C++ and/or C
· Strong background in developing on GNU/Linux for mission-critical production deployments
· Strong understanding of MySQL 4.1-5.x, including database design patterns
· Strong experience programming network servers/clients, including knowledge of fundamental protocols such as TCP, UDP, IPV4/6, and SSL/TLS